Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

I hope that all who are reading this are enjoying the same gorgeous day that we are having here in the D.C. metro area. We went to Mass at 7:30 this morning. When we came home, our 17 year-old (SYO) cooked breakfast for us. She did a lovely job, and it was a real treat. She made little phyllo dough crusts filled with scrambled eggs, bacon and cheese. They were quite tasty!


She also surprised her dad and me with Easter gifts. I got some beautiful tulips...


... and her dad got every variety of M&Ms known to man. He gave them up for Easter, so she rewarded him with a supply that should last him through the next couple of days!


After breakfast, we made a trip to Home Depot. I know, that sounds weird for Easter, but we were in good stead with 1002 other locals who must have been inspired by the sunshine and steady breeze. We were just there yesterday, and they had a lot of new stuff in the garden area even since then! I could go nuts in that place. It took all three of us to get the stuff we bough out of there! It's a good thing I have off tomorrow, as I have so much planting to do!

Some of the hanging baskets waiting to be filled...

...and some of the flowers to go in them.

The dogs will go home this evening, after we have Easter dinner. Right now I have the ham in the oven, and after I publish this post, I will go peel the potatoes and get them on to boil. I bought corn on the cob yesterday, and SYO is making her green bean casserole. She also made cupcakes for dessert.

Aren't they adorable?! We are looking forward to sharing a delicious dinner, and remembering the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior on this glorious day!

Happy Easter to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment