Saturday, April 7, 2012

Our yard is coming along...

What an absolutely beautiful day! I spent most of it outdoors, outside of a trip to Home Depot and the Commissary for grocery shopping. Hubby and I worked in the yard, while trying to keep an eye on the three four-legged creatures who have been with us for the past three days.

One of the projects we got started on was to lay out the corner pieces around the tree that we are putting a flower bed around. That was a big step. Then we went to Home Depot and got the 2" x 6" x 6' boards that will make up the sides. We laid them out on the sidewalk, and soon we will construct our six-sided flower bed.


Next, I managed to plant twelve seedling trees that I got for free, delivered in the mail yesterday. We do not have space in our yard at this point, so I will try to grow them for a year and see if I can keep them alive. Then I will see what I can do to find space for them. Our cul-de-sac needs some growth, but the County has planted a number of evergreens that have died over the years. So, I may just wait on that and search for a location where they stand a  better chance of surviving.



Finally, hubby mixed topsoil with grass seed and spread it on the front lawn to try and thicken up the lawn. We used Kentucky fescue. We always do.



The funniest ting of the day was Miss Buffy Tyson and her rock fetish. She earned her nickname "Tyson" earlier when she pierced her sister's ear in a scrap over a rock. Miss Buffy thought Miss Riley was moving in on her rock, which wasn't the case. But it made for good drama, and a few tense moments. Later Buffy found another rock in the yard, the size of a baseball, and she literally carried it around in her mouth.


I have never seen such behavior in a dog before. But then again, there is a lot I have not seen in my 51 years. And for that I am glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment