Sunday, July 15, 2012

How to Cook Perfect Corn on the Cob

It's Sunday, and that means going to Mass. This morning Hubby and I decided to go to a different Church. The one we go to is very liberal, and sometimes I just get tired of feeling so out of their loop. We went to one that is about equidistant from home as our current parish. It is a church in the round, which I don't really like. But it is more conservative, which I DO like. Plus they have plenty of parking and you don't get blocked in by people who ignore the lines and park in the travel lanes because they come in 10 to 15 minutes late to Mass (like at our current parish) and don't want to park a block away and walk. I enjoyed the liturgy this morning, although it was cold as all get-out in there. Even so, it may be time to change parishes.

Hubby and I worked in the yard today, pulling weeds from the flower beds and laying mulch. It was humid, but not as ungodly hot as the past couple of weekends have been. Now we are relaxing indoors, cooking a beer-marinated brisket and foil-wrapped potatoes on the grill. We have several ears of corn on the cob, and I was going to cook them on the grill. But the last time I did that they were kind of dry. So, I remembered that I once saw a video on how to cook corn in the microwave so that the silks come off automatically. With a simple Google search, I located the video. It has had almost 7,000,000 views in less than 10 months, and since it is a cool tip from a cool old man, I thought I would post it here (in case I ever forget it and need a reminder)!


Cool, huh? Yes, and maybe a little corny.

No comments:

Post a Comment